14th Annual Haitian Compas Festival BRINGS the RHYTHM TO SOUTH FLORIDA
The Highly Anticipated Haitian Music Festival is set to Heat Up Miami
MIAMI – February 2, 2012– The month of May is Haitian Heritage Month. In keeping with tradition, Noel & Cecibon Productions, with the sponsorship of C.A.M. Transfer, Digicel, and American Airlines, is proud to present The 14th Annual Haitian Compas Festival on Saturday, May 19, 2012 at the Bayfront Park Amphitheatre in Downtown Miami.
For 14 years The Haitian Compas Festival has been the platform for Compas bands from all over the world including New York, Boston, Paris, Canada and Haiti. As expected, the 2012 edition of the Haitian Compas Festival will feature the Haitian Music Industry’s leading bands: Harmonik, CaRiMi, Djakout, Kreyol La, Nu Look, Gabel and DISIP. This year’s show will honor the legendary band Tropicana as they celebrate 50 years as one of the cornerstones of the Haitian Music Industry. Up-and-coming bands Klean and U Turn will make their Compas Fest debut alongside other rising artists including P. Jay and T-Micky. Incredible solo acts, Robert Charlot, Cubano, Alan Cave, Tifane, Larose, Belo, MikaBen, TPO and JPerry will be accompanied by legendary artists Keke Belizaire andFabrice Rouzier who form the house band. The show will be hosted by fan favorites Haitian comedian Kako and 99 Jamz’s DJ Griot. This is one of the most memorable lineups to date.
The much-anticipatedHaitian Compas Festival puts over 30,000 people in one venue and the enthusiasm continues to capture audiences. The Haitian Compas Festival is the largest gathering of Haitians, outside of Haiti, and each year they come together in Miami to celebrate their Haitian culture. The weekend will host numerous activities that will have South Florida undoubtedly buzzing:
Kick-Off Partiesoffer a prelude to the big day with:
- CaRiMi andT-Micky at Hollywood Live, Hollywood onThursday, May 17, 2012
- Kreyol La, Harmonikand CaRiMi at Club Space, Downtown Miami on Friday, May 18,2012
- Nu-Look and MikaBen atMoca Café, Downtown North Miami Beach on Friday, May 18,2012
- Tropicana and Djakout #1 at Revolution Live, Downtown Ft. Lauderdale on Friday, May 18, 2012
After Partiesare known for keeping the festivities going. This year, fans can continue celebrating with:
- DJ Stakzand Hi-Profyle Int’l and Friends at Moca Café and Lounge onSaturday, May 19, 2012
- Nu Look, KreyolLa, and Harmonik at Café Iguana, Pembroke Pines with DJ Untouchable on Sunday, May 20, 2012
- The infamous BINGO NIGHT with Kako, JPerry, Wanito, TPO and DJ Groove at Moca Café and Lounge on Sunday, May 20, 2012
- Djakout #1and Gabel at Moca Café and Lounge on Monday, May 21, 2012
- CaRiMiand DISIP at Hollywood Live on Monday, May 21, 2012
In collaboration with sponsors including: Moca Café and Lounge, Unlimited Construction, and Call Direk and media sponsors: TVC, Ticket Magazine, Sakapfet.com and Haitian Beatz, Noel & Cecibon Productions continues to please and set the mark, making The 14th Annual Haitian Compas Festival second to none.
Tickets are available at www.ctstickets.com or www.sakapfet.com, allowing fans to avoid long lines.
For more information on The 14th Annual Haitian Compas Festival call 786-251-7392 or 305-945-8814 or visit www.compasfestival.net.